Taken from here
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup + 2 TBSP butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- ½ cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
1) Preheat oven to 1800C/1600C fan forced.
2) Grease 14 cm x 21 cm loaf pan. Grease the other two sides with butter.3) Add the lemon rind into a small bowl with the softened butter.
4) Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
5) Add rind, butter, sugar and eggs to the cinnamon-flour mix and combine.
6) Stir in banana, almonds and chocolate.
7) Spread mixture into pan.
8) Meanwhile, mix the brown sugar and grounded cinnamon to make the topping. Sprinkle over the bread mixture in the pan.
9) Bake for about 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
10) Stand bread in pan 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.