Recipe from here
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract (sounds like a little, but is A LOT, the whole kitchen smelt like almonds)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp water
2) Mix butter and sugar.
3) Mix in egg and almond extract.
4) In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
5) Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture.
6) Roll into small balls and place on a cooking sheet.
7) Flatten the balls.
8) Sprinkle the almonds on top.
9) Beat egg whites and water.
10) Brush the egg white mixture over the cookies.
11) Cook for 14-16 minutes or until the bottom and edges are brown.
12) Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from the sheet.