Taken from here and slightly modified
- 6 TBSP applesauce
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Topping (I cut this in half because I made larger muffins)
- 1 TBSP milk
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2) Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3) Mix the applesauce, butter, sugar and eggs.
4) Add the vanilla.
5) Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix well.
6) Place batter in the bottom of the liners.
7) Make the filling by mixing all the ingredients listed.
8) Add the filling on top of the batter.
9) Add more batter till the liners are full to the point you want them.
10) Finish off with more of the 'filling'.
11) Bake for 12-15 minutes.
12) Let cool.
13) Make the topping by mixing all the ingredients listed together.
14) Drizzle over the muffins.