From: BBC Good Food 101 Veggie Dishes
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 bell pepper (I used red and orange), seeded and chopped
- 2 oz lettuce or cabbage
- 2 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- "60 g" ricotta cheese...I just spread it on the bread
- handful of basil
2) Roll out each slice of bread until flattened.
3) Spread with butter.
4) Chop the garlic and add it on top.
5) Bake for 10 minutes until crisp (I only took them out after doing everything else).
6) Heat the oil in a pan.
7) Add the peppers and cook for a few minutes, until lightly charred.
8) Add the lettuce or cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9) Remove from heat.
10) Add tomatoes, vinegar, seasoning.
11) Spread the ricotta on the bread.
12) Place some torn basil on top.
13) Place the cooked mixture on top.
14) Top with the other bread and more basil.