From: BBC Good Food 101 Veggie Dishes
- 25 g/1 oz butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 225 g/8 oz baby onions or regular onions (chopped up if regular)
- 200 ml/7 fl oz dry white wine (vinegar if you leave out the mint)
- 2 medium leaks, halved and cut into 5 cm/2 in ribbons
- 350 g/12 oz frozen peas
- 3 heads of baby gem lettuce, quartered lengthways (I thought this was a lot, and it was, so I only used the outside bits)
- 200 ml/7 fl oz creme fraiche
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh mint
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- bulgar wheat or couscous or rice to serve (I used rice)
2) Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 8 minutes.
3) Add the wine and leeks and bring to a boil.
5) Simmer the vegetables for 5 minutes until the leeks are tender.
6) Add the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
7) Add the lettuce and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
8) Stir in the creme fraiche, herbs and seasoning and simmer for a further 3 minutes, until everything is warm.