From: Veggie Feasts
I feel like this is more of a side dish than an entree (like a baked potato), and I kind of want to try them cooked all the same, and then mashed.
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I used a regular sized onion)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 kg (2 lb) small waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) vegetable broth (I used used water because the vegetable broth mix had been used up)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- salt and black pepper
2) Add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices and cook over a low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
3) Add the potatoes and salt and pepper, stir well.
4) Add the stock and tomatoes to the pan.
5) Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
6) Remove the lid and simmer, uncovered for a further 15-20 minutes until the liquid is reduced and thickened to a glaze.
7) Garnish with some chopped fresh coriander.