- 4 small potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled (I used a bit more, just to use up the whole thing)
- 4 thyme springs (I estimated since I had dried already)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pesto (the book says you should make your own, but I don't have a food processor so I just bought it)
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/425F
2) Cut the potatoes and onion into wedges and the carrots and parsnips into quarters.
3) Put in a large roasting tin to fit in a single layer.
4) Add the garlic cloves, thyme springs, oil and salt and pepper and stir well until evenly coated.
5) Roast for 50-60 minutes, until browned and tender, stirring halfway though.