Sunday 22 January 2012

Roast Vegetables and Pesto

From: Veggie Feasts
Ingredients:
  • 4 small potatoes, scrubbed
  • 1 red onion
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 parsnips
  • 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled (I used a bit more, just to use up the whole thing)
  • 4 thyme springs (I estimated since I had dried already)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Pesto (the book says you should make your own, but I don't have a food processor so I just bought it)
Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/425F
2) Cut the potatoes and onion into wedges and the carrots and parsnips into quarters.
3) Put in a large roasting tin to fit in a single layer.
4) Add the garlic cloves, thyme springs, oil and salt and pepper and stir well until evenly coated.

 


5) Roast for 50-60 minutes, until browned and tender, stirring halfway though.








No comments:

Post a Comment