Tuesday 17 January 2012

Rocket (Arugula) & Goats' Cheese Omelette

Since I have most mornings off during Finals and Break, I'm going to be doing the Breakfast & Brunch section of Veggie Feasts as well

Ingredients:
  • 12 eggs
  • 4 TBSP milk
  • 4 TBSP chopped mixed herbs, such as chervil, chives, marjoram, parsley and tarragon (I used parsley, rosemary, tarragon, and thyme)
  • 50 g (2 oz) butter
  • 125 g (4 oz) soft goats' cheese, diced
  • small handful of baby rocket (arugula) leaves
  • salt and black pepper
Directions:
1) Beat the eggs, milk, herbs, and salt and pepper together in a bowl or cup (I prefer a coffee cup).
2) Melt a quarter of the butter in a pan.







3) As soon as it stops foaming, add a quarter of the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat.







4) As soon as it is set on the underside, but still a little runny in the centre, scatter a quarter of the cheese and a quarter of the rocket (arugula) leaves over one half of the omelette. I steamed the arugula first because I prefer it that way.
5) Fold in half.









No comments:

Post a Comment