- 1 kg (2 lb) new potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 50 g (2 oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 bunch of basil leaves
- salt and black pepper
1) Put the poatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
2) Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender.
3) Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
4) Cut any large potatoes in half.
5) Whisk the oil, vinegar, and a little salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
6) Add half to the potatoes, stir well and leave to cool completly.
7) Add the pine nuts, the remaining dressing and basil.
8) Stir well and serve.