I don't think I've ever eaten a whole snickerdoodle cookie before. Probably because other people ate them all first...So, for National Blondie Brownie Day, I decided to make Snickerdoodle Blondies!
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP cinnimon
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350F/176C
2) Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan lightly with cooking spray
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
5) Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary.
6) Beat in the vanilla.
7) With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until combined.
8) Stir the dough one final time with a rubber spatula to ensure any flour on the bottom of the bowl is incorporated.
9) Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan. Spread in an even layer.
10) Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
11) Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
12) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the surface of the blondies springs back when gently pressed.