- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (I could not find cilantro so I used 'hot greens')
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 block of tofu, cut into slices
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 onion, cut into rounds
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into slices
2) Pour half the mixture over the tofu and stir. The tofu may fall apart.
3) Toss the onion and red bell pepper with 2 TBSP olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and salt and pepper.
4) Saute the onion and red bell pepper. You may need to add more olive oil to keep it from burning as opposed to charring.
5) Cook the tofu in a pan.
6) Add 2 tablespoons and honey with the remaining cilantro and lime mixture and mix.
7) Serve the onion and red bell pepper with the tofu and the rice.