Recipe taken from here and it's probably the best recipe for just tofu that I've ever seen.
- 1/2 cube of firm tofu, cut in half (short ways/hamburger) and then cut into 1/2 in thick slices
- 2 TBSP + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chili paste (or hot sauce if you want to make it less Asian)
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 3 green onions (I counted 3 from the base where they were attached, not the top where they are separate)
2) Heat 2 TBSP vegetable oil in a pan.
3) Combine the 1 tsp vegetable oil with the seasame seeds, chili paste, garlic and green onion.
4) Place the tofu in the pan. Let cook for about 3 minutes, until it is starting to brown.
5) Turn the tofu over and let cook for another minute.
6) Add the sauce and let cook until it is reduced by half.
7) You may want to check on the tofu and be sure that one side is not burning. If it is, it is okay to turn it again (burnt tofu is okay, burnt green onion is not--its nasty!)
8) Serve with rice.