- Basil Oil
- 12.5 g (1/2 oz) basil leaves
- 75 ml ( 1/8 pint) extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g (1 lb) vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large slices of sourdough bread or soda bread
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 350 g (11 1/2 oz) ricotta cheese
- salt and black pepper
- basil leaves, to garnish
2) Plunge the basil leaves into a saucepan of boiling water, return to the boil and boil for 30 seconds.
3) Drain the basil.
4) Refresh under cold water.
5) Dry thoroughly with kitchen paper.
6) Transfer the oil and basil leaves to a blender and blend until really smooth OR chop really finely and add to a container and shake.
7) Spread the tomatoes out in a roasting tin.
8) Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
9) Roast in the oven.
10) Add the bread to the oven as well.
11) Flip the bread over after it is starting to brown on one side.
12) Remove the bread when it is to your liking.
13) Rub all over with the garlic clove.
14) Top each bruschetta with a slice of ricotta, the tomatoes and the basil oil. Garnish with more basil leaves.