I then made an open faced sandwich with them. Proving a point from a facebook photo.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- White Wine Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Olive Oil
- Mustard (optional)
2) Put into tuberware/lunchbox/plasticware that you can seal really well.
3) Add as much of each of the vinegars that you would like to have in your pickles.
4) Finish off with the oils (I did this to make the flavours not as intense).
5) Add the garlic and spices.
6) Let sit for a few days (when I had the sandwich they had about 20 hours, but they will get stronger the more they sit).
7) Cook the mushrooms and onion. I did not add spices because I wanted it to be all about the pickles.
8) Top the bread with the mustard, mushroom and onion mixture and pickles.