Recipe taken from here with some changes.
- 3 lb tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 1/2 TBSP flour
- 6 leaves of basil
- 1/4 cup hot pepper
- 1 cup milk
2) Strain the tomatoes into a bowl, so as to reserve the liquid and throw out the mushy chunks, seeds and skin.
3) Place back on the stove and add the celery, onion, flour, basil and pepper.
4) Cook until you reach the desired consistency, which was about 40 minutes for me.
5) Add the milk and let cook for about 10 more minutes.
6) You may put it in a blender at this point to get rid of any chunks. I think my brother did this, as the soup was for him.