Anyway, one of the things we got this week was apples. The package also comes with some recipes that you can make with the items in the basket. I was just going to make apple pie, but my friend has the mini baking tins so we decided this was better (since the tins had never been used before).
This dish can be served warm or cold and with or without ice cream. If you want to reheat it (as I will be doing), preheat the oven to 350F/175C again and then heat the bowls for 5-10 minutes.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie seasoning (you can leave this out if you don't have it, the original recipe didn't call for this or cinnamon, but I figure it always makes it better)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
2) Toss apples, sugar, salt, cinnamon and apple pie seasoning together.
3) Divide equally among 4 individual oven proof bowls.
4) Combine butter and flour with fingertips until mixture has the texture of oatmeal (I used the same bowl without washing it out).
5) Add brown sugar and mix in a bit, allowing for the mixture to be lumpy.
6) Distribute evenly over apples.
7) Bake for 30 minutes. I placed them on one tray so putting them in and taking them out would be easy.